"For the Florida band, see Dead Men's Theory."
"Theory of a Deadman" (also known as TOAD or simply as Theory) is a rock band from Delta, British Columbia, Canada signed by Nickelback's Chad Kroeger to 604 Records. The band also includes traits of other music styles, such as country, metal and more acoustic elements. The band's lead singer, Tyler Connolly, gave Chad Kroeger a demo tape of their music while at an after-show party. So far, they have a total of 4 top 10 hits on the Mainstream Rock Chart.
Theory of a Deadman released their self-titled album "Theory of a Deadman" on September 17, 2002. This album released four singles, with two international videos for "Nothing Could Come Between Us" and "Make Up Your Mind." It was these two songs that propelled them into more mainstream music and acknowledgement. After the quiet but fairly substantial recognition from the debut, Tyler Connolly, the band's lead singer, would be called up to work again with Kroeger and Josey Scott, lead singer of the band Saliva
to perform the song Hero on the soundtrack of the first Spider-Man movie, of which both a single and video were released. This also brought attention to the band. In 2003, the band won the Juno Award for New Group of the Year.
On March 29, 2005, Theory released their second album, "Gasoline". After the release of the album, the band toured with Shinedown and No Address
. Starting March 1, Theory began a promotional tour including them, with headliners Breaking Benjamin and The Exies. Theory has risen in popularity with songs from "Gasoline" appearing in the soundtrack of the 2005 video game Fahrenheit.
The band performed the theme song to World Wrestling Entertainment's No Way Out 2006 pay-per-view, a cover version of "Deadly Game" from the "WWE Anthology" album. The song was released on the "WWE Wreckless Intent" album. They also did a cover of "No Chance In Hell", the theme tune for Vince McMahon. The song was released on "WWE The Music, Vol. 8" on March 25th.
On April 1st, 2008, they released their third album, "Scars & Souvenirs", which contains their the singles, So Happy, Bad Girlfriend and All or Nothing. On April 6th, 2008, they appeared at the Juno Awards in Calgary, Alberta, after making various stops across Canada in a promotion known as Journey To The Junos.
The band is currently touring the United States and Canada in support of the new album.
== Band members ==
* Tyler Connolly - lead vocals, guitar
* Dean Back - bass
* Dave Brenner - guitar
=== Former members ===
* Tim Hart - drums
* Brent Fitz - drums (Econoline Crush, Vince Neil, Union, Alice Cooper, Streetheart, Harlequin
* Robin Diaz - drums (studio drummer for all albums)
* The videogame Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy used four songs from the band's second album Gasoline on its soundtrack - 'Santa Monica', 'No Surprise', 'Say Goodbye' and 'No Way Out'.
* The videogame American Chopper used the song "Leg to Stand On".
* The videogame NASCAR 09 features the song "Got It Made" from their new CD Scars and Souvenirs on the soundtrack.
* The band's name comes from the original title of 'Last Song', a track Connolly penned seven years ago about a man who writes his memoirs before committing suicide.
* Daniel Adair of Nickelback recorded the drums on "Santa Monica".
* The song "Deadly Game" was recorded and released on WWE's theme compilation WWE Wreckless Intent.
* The song "Invisible Man" was used in the soundtrack to the blockbuster film Spider-Man. The song was used on an episode of Smallville.
*Their song "Sacrifice" is being played on NBC as the background music for its promotional commercials for the 2008 U.S. Olympic Trials.
== Discography ==
1 Charted in Canada due to digital download sales. (In June, "All or Nothing" was released as a Canadian-only single for Hot AC and adult radio).
2 Current single.
* Nothing Could Come Between Us (2002)
* Make Up Your Mind (2003)
* Point To Prove (2003)
* No Surprise (2005)
* Santa Monica (2005)
* Better Off (2006)
* Since You've Been Gone (2006)
* So Happy (2008)
* Bad Girlfriend (2008)
Referenced from Wikipedia: Theory of a Deadman